Address: NW 8th & Robinson - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Category: Office Buildings
Architect: HTB, Inc.
Contract Amount: $10 - $20 Million
Project Completion: 1984
Awards: Honor Award - National Terrazzo and Mosaic Association for the Renovation of Southwestern Bell Headquarters Building One Bell Central formerly Central High School - 1986
Originally built in 1908-1912 served as Central High School until the 1970’s. In 1982 Lippert Bros., Inc. began a renovation project that turned the old Central High School building into a first class office facility for Southwestern Bell Telephone Company. The project involved partial demolition of the existing building, new structural framing and reinforcement of the existing structure., construction of five elevator hoist ways, placement of concrete floor topping to ensure level floors throughout and building finishes found only in first class developments. The erection of new steel framing members and placement of concrete with-in the building demonstrated our ability to develop alternative means and methods of construction necessary.